Shyft Network is a decentralized open-source protocol designed to empower applications with trusted data, including identity. Shyft Network enables the enforcement of institutional and regulatory requirements within decentralized permissionless systems.
Shyft believes that automated compliance is a critical component to mass user and institutional adoption of decentralized finance (DeFi) and other permissionless systems. Shyft also recognizes that as we embrace compliance, we need to be cautious not to sacrifice efficiency and frictionless onboarding.
Veriscope is a compliance framework built atop the Shyft Network which enables Virtual Asset Service Providers (VASPs) to comply with the FATF Travel Rule and global regulatory requirements. Designed in collaboration with leading exchanges globally, Veriscope was implemented as a decentralized system to make sure users would retain control over their data, and the industry would not give control of such critical information to a small subset of market participants.
The successful candidate will work with general counsel and other members of the leadership team on exciting (and in some cases, groundbreaking) legal issues that range from contract drafting, review and negotiation of new partnerships and technological integrations, preparation of legal opinions, and review of current and upcoming regulation. Legal counsel will work with team members across most departments, having the opportunity to learn from industry leaders. We are looking for team members who have a passion for entrepreneurship, problem solving, and new technologies.
This is a remote role and applicants from all jurisdictions will be considered.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a range of commercial agreements, including novel agreements with few (or no) precedents
- Providing advice on a variety of areas including employment, corporate governance, litigation, intellectual property, taxation and more
- Managing foundation and advising on DAO structures
- Negotiate and manage onboarding agreements with clients and network participants
- Help ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Write public pieces on updates to the law and communicate with community members
- Provide support in other non-legal focused areas
- JD, LLB or equivalent law degree
- Qualified lawyer in home jurisdiction
- 3-10 years experience in private practice or in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (e.g. license agreements),managing corporate closings (e.g. financings and M&A), and preparing internal governance documents (e.g. resolutions, meeting minutes, corporate policies, etc.)
- Ability to work in a semi-independent fashion, in different areas and learn quickly (e.g.employment, tax, intellectual property, etc.), all in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Experience with global AML regulations, Travel Rule, crypto compliance areas and taxation
- Experience with foundation and DAO structures
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies and related concepts
- Entrepreneurial or business experience, and willingness to add value in other non-legal focused areas (business development, operations, customer success, hiring, finance, etc.)
Why Work for Shyft?
Working at Shyft Network means to work with and learn from leading experts and pioneers of the crypto industry. Focused on solving complex problems to facilitate crypto adoption and operate with a decentralized ethos. With talent from around the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to offer competitive pay, with a flexible work-from-anywhere culture. We offer our team members a number of wellness perks, along with lunch and learns from experts in and around the field of blockchain, capital markets, DeFi, cryptography and more. We are a lean and agile team, focused on data-driven results in an extremely fast paced industry. If you are ready to pioneer a first-of-its-kind solution and create systems that Shyft the world, join us.